ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
NOTE: Make sure to use the dashes shown on the Access Card Code when entering the code.
Students can use the URL and phone number below to help answer their questions:
Substance Use Counseling is intended for use in Substance Abuse Counseling and Drugs and Behavior courses or for practicing counselors and clinicians as an on-the-job resource. This package includes MyLab™ Counseling with the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
A step-by-step guide through the process of working with substance-abuse and/or behavioral addiction clients.
Recognized for its clear, practical approach, Substance Use Counseling offers prospective and practicing clinicians and counselors a sound base of knowledge about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD), and practical help for working with individuals and families who seek assistance for substance abuse and/or behavioral addiction. While the chapters build on each other as they take readers through the counseling process, each chapter can also be used as a stand-alone resource. Illustrative case studies with critical-thinking questions give readers opportunities to examine and discuss a wide variety of cases. This popular guide also features individual chapters on special populations to delve further into the topic of substance abuse and address ways to measure the problem.
To keep readers up to date with the most current practices and trends shaping the field, the Sixth Edition reflects the changes in the DSM-5 related to the criteria for assessment and diagnosis of substance use disorders (including a new chapter on behavioral addictions and extensively updated terminology); the changing face of substance use; new effective treatment assessments, methods, and settings; and new chapter cases.
Personalize learning with MyLab Counseling
MyLab Counseling is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through authentic video footage, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
0134479408 / 9780134479408 Substance Abuse Counseling: Theory and Practice with MyLab Counseling with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134055934 / 9780134055930 Substance Abuse Counseling: Theory and Practice
- 0134476484 / 9780134476483 MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Substance Abuse Counseling: Theory and Practice
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Substance Use Disorder Counseling
2. Ethical and Legal Issues in Substance Use Disorder Counseling
3. The Major Substances of Use and Their Effect on the Brain and Body
4. Etiology of Substance Abuse: Why People Use
5. Assessment and Diagnosis
6. Treatment Planning and Treatment Settings
7. Individual Treatment
8. Group Counseling for Substance Use Disorders
9. Family Counseling with Individuals Diagnosed with Substance Use Disorder
10. Retaining Sobriety: Relapse Prevention Strategies
11. Working with Special Populations: Treatment Issues and Characteristics
12. Working with Diverse Cultures: Exploring Sociocultural Influences and Realities in Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Prevention
14. Behavioral Addictions/Non—Substance-Related Disorders: An Overview
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-424006-0
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-447647-6
Digital + Print
$106.65 $85.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.