Part of Prentice Hall’s SUCCESS! Series, SUCCESS! in Phlebotomy, Seventh Edition offers a comprehensive approach to Phlebotomy review. With recent federal, state, and quality assessment requirements, continuing education in phlebotomy has never been more important. This is the ideal review book to prepare for national board certification exams or to keep current in this dynamic field. Simulating the exact format and organization of topics on the board examinations, it contains over 650 multiple-choice questions with explanations and complete references. Some key features to this new edition include:
- The questions are even more comprehensive in phlebotomy technical, skills and interpersonal communication areas than the sixth edition.
- The chapters include up-to-date exam questions with the latest blood collection equipment and accompanying figures to assist in learning effective, collection steps in the utility and safety of these pieces of equipment.
- The chapters include questions that focus on patient and phlebotomy safety and medical error reduction.
- The latest Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) phlebotomy standards are followed in the questions presented in each chapter.
Table of Contents
PART I: Overview and Safety Procedures
1. Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Assessment
2. Communication, Computerization, and Documentation
3. Professional Ethics, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
4. Infection Control
5. Safety and First Aid
6. Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology of Organ Systems
7. The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
PART II: Phlebotomy Equipment and Procedures
8. Blood Collection Equipment
9. Preanalytical Complications Causing Medical Errors in Blood Collection
10. Venipuncture Procedures
11. Capillary Blood Specimens
12. Specimen Handling, Transportation, and Processing
PART III: Point-of-Care Testing and Special Procedures
13. Pediatric and Geriatric Procedures
14. Point-of- Care Collections
15. Arterial, Intravenous (IV), and Special Collection Procedures
16. Urinalysis, Body Fluid, and Other Specimens
17. Drug Use, Forensic Toxicology, Workplace Testing, Sports Medicine, and Related Areas
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780138013028
Includes this title packaged with:
- Phlebotomy Handbook: Blood Specimen Collection from Basic to Advanced, 8th Edition
Diana Garza, Kathleen Becan-McBride
$138.60 | Add to Cart
$76.27 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-510101-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$30.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-510102-5