Supervision Today has earned a reputation of being the one of the most effective supervision books because it blends traditional and contemporary topics, as well as theories and experiential skills. Offering a three-tier learning system, it focuses on building readers’ knowledge, improving their comprehension and applying concepts directly to skill development. Known for its lively tone and four-color design, it captures the latest in supervision literature and includes cases to invigorate any lecture. This edition includes new information on contingent workforces, entrepreneurship, employee theft, work/life balance, IM, texting, and workplace diversity.
Table of Contents
PART I: DEFINING SUPERVISION AND SUPERVISORY CHALLENGES
1. Supervision Definitions
2. Supervision Challenges
PART II: PLANNING, ORGANIZING, STAFFING, CONTROLLING, AND DECISION-MAKING
3. Planning and Goal Setting
5. Staffing and Recruiting
7. Problem Analysis an Decision Making
PART III: MOTIVATING, LEADING, COMMUNICATING, AND DEVELOPING
8. Motivating Followers
9. Leading Followers
10. Communicating Effectively
11. Developing Groups
PART IV: APPRAISAL, SAFETY, NEGOTIATION, CHANGE, AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Performance Appraisal
13. Workplace Health and Safety
14. Conflict, Politics, Discipline, and Negotiation
15. Change Management
16. Supervision and Labor
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Supervision Today!, 8th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users