For courses in Supervision and Supervisory Development.
Continuing the Elwood Chapman tradition, author Cliff Goodwin brings you The Supervisor’s Survival Kit, 11th Edition. Updated throughout, this edition focuses on the essential techniques and skills needed to be an effective supervisor. This text discusses how to make the transition to management, achieve productivity through people, build an effective team, and conduct essential supervisory tasks such as staffing, delegating, motivating and appraising employees. It offers a unique approach that fosters supervisory skills through the use of case studies and helps readers gain confidence in their new leadership and supervisory roles.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Getting into Supervision
1. Should You Be a Supervisor?
2. Making the Transition
3. The Supervisor’s Role and Responsibility in the Modern Organization
Human Relations and Communications: The Key to Successful Supervision
4. Achieving Productivity Through People
5. The Supervisor-Employee Relationship
6. Creating a Productive Working Climate
7. Quality Control and Continuous Improvement
8. The Effective Work Team
9. Communicating Privately
10. The Problem Employee
13. Use Your Knowledge Power
14. Managing Performance
15. Learning How to Concentrate and Manage Your Time
16. Establishing Goals and Planning
17. Setting Priorities
18. Make Decisive Decisions
Where Do I Go From Here?
19. Common Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
20. Converting Change into Opportunity
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Supervisor's Survival Kit, CourseSmart eTextbook, 11th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$27.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501746-3