Questions that drive interest, applications that illustrate concepts, and the tools to test and solidify comprehension.
Students come into their first Economics course thinking they will gain a better understanding of the economy around them. Unfortunately, they often leave with many unanswered questions. To ensure students actively internalize economics, O'Sullivan/Sheffrin/Perez use chapter-opening questions to spark interest on important economic concepts, applications that vividly illustrate those concepts, and chapter-ending tools that test and solidify understanding.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
2. Key Principles of Economics
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
4. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
5. Production and Cost
6. Perfect Competition: Short Run and Long Run
8. Monopolistic Competition, Oligopoly, and Antitrust
9. Market Failure: Imperfect Information, Pollution, and Public Goods
10. The Labor Market
11. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Why Do Economies Grow
14. Aggregate Demand and Supply
15. Fiscal Policy
16. Money and the Banking System
17. Monetary Policy and Inflation
18. International Trade and Finance
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$128.00 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools, 6th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$60.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255632-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$89.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-139370-7