Refund Policy: Information about our product refund policy is available on the Customer Care page.
This is a subscription-based eBook that will be available to you on VitalSource.com for the duration of your course. This eBook may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
- Why you "click" with some people and "clank" with others
- What really drives your decisions and actions
- How to identify others' behavioral styles and choose the best ways to interact with them
- How to craft a personal plan for maximizing your strengths and minimizing your weaknesses
Table of Contents
Part I: Taking Flight! The Fable 5
Chapter 1 Home 7
Chapter 2 The Forest Grid 11
Chapter 3 The Council 15
Chapter 4 An Old Friend 25
Chapter 5 The Aftermath 35
Chapter 6 If a Tree Falls in the Forest… 39
Chapter 7 Reconnaissance 47
Chapter 8 The Four Styles 55
Chapter 9 Reflection 63
Chapter 10 The Awakening 71
Chapter 11 The Home Rule 77
Chapter 12 The Stakeout 93
Chapter 13 The Gathering 107
Epilogue The Power of DISC 113
Part II: The DISC Model 117
Go Online to Discover Your Style 120
The History and Mystery of the Four Styles 122
The Four Styles 123
People Reading 127
Seven Transformative DISC Principles 133
Part III: Applying the DISC Styles in Your Life 155
Steps for Reaching Your Highest Potential 157
DISC for Selecting an Educational and Career Path 165
DISC in the Work Environment 170
Tapping the Power of Style in Teams 174
DISC for Teaching and Coaching 185
Educating with DISC 187
Better Parenting with DISC 190
DISC Action Planning 198
DISC Mapping 203
Appendix: Style Combinations 211
Purchase Info ?
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
This publication is not currently for sale.