NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
The Eighth Edition of Teaching Children Science provides comprehensive coverage of elementary science methods focusing on “what to teach” and “how to teach it.” Using Abruscato’s well known “discovery approach”, the book includes all three major components of teaching science–methods, content, and activities–organized in a format that allows teachers ultimate flexibility. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
New to this Edition:
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133783707 / 9780133783704 Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0132824884 / 9780132824880 Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133824624 / 9780133824629 Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part One Strategies and Techniques 1
Chapter 1 Using Science to Teach Thinking
Chapter 2 Constructing Knowledge and Discovering Meaning: How Children Learn Science
Chapter 3 Science Practices and Inquiry Process Skills
Chapter 4 Planning and Managing
Chapter 5 Strategies and QuickChecks
Chapter 6 Assessment of Understanding and Inquiry
Chapter 7 Integrating Science
Chapter 8 Using Technology to Enhance Science Learning
Chapter 9 Adapting the Science Curriculum
Part Two The Earth/Space Sciences
Chapter 10 Earth’s Surface, Atmosphere, and Weather
Chapter 11 The Cosmos
Chapter 12 Earth/Space Science Lesson Ideas
Part Three The Life Sciences
Chapter 13 Living Things
Chapter 14 The Human Body
Chapter 15 Life Sciences Lesson Ideas
Part Four The Physical Sciences
Chapter 16 Matter and Motion
Chapter 17 Energies and Machines
Chapter 18 Physical Science Lesson Ideas
For the Teacher’s Desk
Your Classroom Enrichment Handbook
Your Science Source Address Book
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357148-6