A research-based, practical, comprehensive guide to teaching literacy in K-8 classrooms
In an era of rigorous standards, Revel™ Teaching Children to Read provides the essential information and strategies pre-service and new teachers need to help their students develop into capable and confident readers.
The importance of the teacher’s role is emphasized in every chapter using seven pillars of effective reading instruction: Teacher Knowledge; Classroom Assessment; Evidence-Based Teaching Strategies; Response to Intervention (or Multi-Tiered Systems of Support); Motivation and Engagement; Technology and New Literacies; and Family and Community Connections. Filled with recommendations made by the Institute of Education Sciences’ What Works Clearinghouse and links to IRIS Center instructional modules (in Revel), the 8th Edition provides the research-based tools and knowledge needed to plan and deliver up-to-date, effective reading instruction in today’s classrooms.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience—for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. In addition to the access card included in this package, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access code for Revel may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
0134694880 / 9780134694887 Teaching Children to Read: The Teacher Makes the Difference, with Revel -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134742451 / 9780134742458 Revel Teaching Children to Read: The Teacher Makes the Difference -- Access Card
- 0134742532 / 9780134742533 Teaching Children to Read: The Teacher Makes the Difference
Table of Contents
2. Developing Children’s Oral Language to Support Literacy Instruction
3. Early Reading Instruction: Getting Started with the Foundations
4. Phonics and Word Recognition
5. Reading Fluency
6. Increasing Reading Vocabulary
7. Teaching Reading Comprehension
9. Evidence-Based Reading Programs and Tools
11. Effective Reading Instruction and Organization in Grades K-3
12. Effective Disciplinary Literacy in Grades 4-8
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-474243-4
Digital + Print
$102.67 $97.54 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$94.00 $89.30 |