ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
NOTE: This is the standalone book.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For junior- to senior-level courses in Physical Education Methods for Secondary schools or Psychology of Coaching.
Teaching cues–short, catchy phrases that call learners’ attention to key components of a skill–are provided for nearly 30 sports and activities in this practical, applied book. Teaching Cues for Sport Skills for Secondary School Students, Sixth Edition is a well-received, hands-on reference for coaches and teachers who aim to teach sport skills effectively and accurately. The emphasis on concise teaching cues helps you remember how to perform specific sport skills and helps you access information quickly from one reliable source. It is designed to supplement or bundle with a primary course text.
Table of Contents
1. Teaching Physical Education Is Fun with the Right Tools
2. The Foundation of Sport Skills
3. Aerobic Kickboxing
9. Cycling–Mountain Biking
10. Cycling–Road Biking
11. Field Hockey
12. Fitness Equipment Workout
13. Floor Hockey
19. Recreational Walking, Running, and Hiking
21. Softball, Fast-Pitch and Slow-Pitch
22. Strength Training with Free Weights
23. Swimming and Water Polo
24. Team Handball and Indoor Hybrid Ball
26. Track and Field Events
27. Ultimate Frisbee
29. The Practice of Yoga
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$30.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96279-9