The ideal resource for helping K-12 classroom teachers integrate content learning and English language learning into their classroom lessons, Teaching English Language and Content in Mainstream Classes presents practical, ready-to-use, research-based principles and strategies in a friendly writing style that clarifies concepts, defines key terms, and offers classroom teachers what they need to accelerate their students’ academic achievement. With it’s emphasis on techniques for developing reading, writing, and speaking skills in the content areas and it’s presentation of illustrative teaching vignettes to make the ideas clear, the new edition of this widely popular guide stands out from others on the market as a “must have” resource for teachers in today’s diverse classrooms.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Principles of Integrated Language Teaching and Learning
Chapter 2 Language Acquisition and Language Learning in the Classroom
Chapter 3 Culturally Responsive Instruction: Connecting with Home Culture
Chapter 4 Organizing the Classroom for Language Learning
Chapter 5 Strategies for Oral Language Development
Chapter 6 Oral Language Development in the Content Classroom
Chapter 7 Teaching Vocabulary to English Learners
Chapter 8 Developing Literacy with English Learners: Focus on Reading
Chapter 9 Developing Literacy with English Learners: Focus on Writing
Chapter 10 Structuring and Planning Content-Language Integrated Lessons
Chapter 11 Assessment Tools for the Integrated Classroom
Chapter 12 Putting It All Together Thematically: Developing Content-Based Thematic Units
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$43.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309330-8