NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation provides theory and practical advice for elementary and middle school teachers to help their students learn science. Written at a time of substantive change in science education, this book deals both with what’s currently happening and what’s expected in science classes in elementary and middle schools. Readers explore the nature of science, its importance in today’s world, trends in science education, and national science standards. They consider “What science is” and “What it means to do science.”
The book references both the National Science Education Standards (NRC, 1996) that provide the basis for most current state science standards and A Framework for K-12 Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Disciplinary Core Ideas (NRC, 2011) that builds on previous science education reform documents including the NSES and contemporary learning theory to present the framework for the Next Generation Science Standards, expected to be released in the spring of 2013. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133400794 / 9780133400793 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
- 0132612240 / 9780132612241 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation Loose Leaf Version
- 0133397084 / 9780133397086 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Preface- “Messing About in Science”
Chapter 1 – Framing Science and Science Education
Chapter 2 – Involving Learners in Doing Science
Chapter 3 – Learning Science with Understanding
Chapter 4 – Engaging Inquiry-Based Instruction and Using the 5-E Model
Chapter 5 – Assessing Science Learning
Chapter 6 – Planning and Managing Inquiry Instruction
Chapter 7 – Questioning Effectively
Chapter 8 – Using Technology Tools and Resources for Science Learning
Chapter 9 – Connecting Science with Other Subjects
Chapter 10 – Making Science Accessible for All Learners
Appendices – A (modified); B (pick up with ruler true to scale)
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$60.00 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-335425-6