Note: This is the loose-leaf version of Teaching Students Who Are Exceptional, Diverse, and at Risk in the General Education Classroom and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the loose-leaf version, use ISBN 0133386287.
In this widely popular book, pre- and in-service elementary and secondary school teachers get the tools and confidence they need to meet the educational, behavioral, and social needs of every student in today’s diverse classrooms. With its numerous learning activities and sample lessons—plus stories from teachers, students, and parents—it features a strong focus on applying practical, proven strategies for effective teaching and learning. Teaching Students Who Are Exceptional, Diverse, and at Risk in the General Education Classroom is the ideal guide for today’s busy classroom teachers who identify students with special needs as both their greatest challenges and often their greatest rewards.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
PART I. FOUNDATIONS
1. Special Education and Inclusive Schooling
2. Response to Intervention: Developing Success for All Learners
3. Communicating and Collaborating with Other Professionals and Families
4. Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
5. Promoting Social Acceptance and Managing Student Behavior
PART II. TEACHING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
6. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
8. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
9. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
11. Teaching Students with Lower-Incidence Disabilities
PART III. TEACHING PRACTICES
12. Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for All Learners
13. Promoting Excellence through the Teaching and Learning Connection
14. Facilitating Reading
15. Facilitating Writing
16. Helping All Students Succeed in Mathematics
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-308756-7