This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText, or an electronic book.
In this widely popular book, pre- and in-service elementary and secondary school teachers get the tools and confidence they need to meet the educational, behavioral, and social needs of every student in today’s diverse classrooms. With its numerous learning activities and sample lessons–plus stories from teachers, students, and parents–it features a strong focus on applying practical, proven strategies for effective teaching and learning. Teaching Students Who Are Exceptional, Diverse, and at Risk in the General Education Classroom is the ideal guide for today’s busy classroom teachers who identify students with special needs as both their greatest challenges and often their greatest rewards.
Table of Contents
PART I. FOUNDATIONS
1. Special Education and Inclusive Schooling
2. Response to Intervention: Developing Success for All Learners
3. Communicating and Collaborating with Other Professionals and Families
4. Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
5. Promoting Social Acceptance and Managing Student Behavior
PART II. TEACHING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
6. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
8. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
9. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
11. Teaching Students with Lower-Incidence Disabilities
PART III. TEACHING PRACTICES
12. Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for All Learners
13. Promoting Excellence through the Teaching and Learning Connection
14. Facilitating Reading
15. Facilitating Writing
16. Helping All Students Succeed in Mathematics
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133517361
Includes this title packaged with:
- What Every Teacher Should Know About: Adaptations and Accommodations for Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities
Nari J. Carter, Mary Anne T Prater, Tina Taylor Dyches
- Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Education Classroom, Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card, 6th Edition
Sharon R. Vaughn, Candace S. Bos, Jeanne S. Schumm
$130.80 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283692-0