This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText, or an electronic book.
In this widely popular book, pre- and in-service elementary and secondary school teachers get the tools and confidence they need to meet the educational, behavioral, and social needs of every student in today’s diverse classrooms. With its numerous learning activities and sample lessons–plus stories from teachers, students, and parents–it features a strong focus on applying practical, proven strategies for effective teaching and learning. Teaching Students Who Are Exceptional, Diverse, and at Risk in the General Education Classroom is the ideal guide for today’s busy classroom teachers who identify students with special needs as both their greatest challenges and often their greatest rewards.
MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText. *
Included in this package is access to MyEducationLab with the new Video-Enhanced eText for Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, exclusively from Pearson. Experience all the advantages of the MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced eText along with all the benefits of print for less than a print bound book.
MyEducationLab delivers customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics to help prepare students for the classroom.
MyEducationLab provides instructors and students access to the video-enhanced Pearson eText, which includes:
- Full-color online chapters with dynamic videos that show what course concepts look like in real classrooms, model good teaching practice, and expand upon chapter concepts. Over 48 video links, chosen by our authors and other subject-matter experts, are embedded right in context of the content you are reading.
- Instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablets.**
- Other features such as note taking and sharing, highlighting, search and more.
*To access, your Instructor must set up a course, provide you with a Course ID.
**The Pearson eText App is available for free on Google Play and in the App Store.* Requires Android OS 3.1 – 4, a 7” or 10” tablet or iPad iOS 5.0 or newer
Table of Contents
PART I. FOUNDATIONS
1. Special Education and Inclusive Schooling
2. Response to Intervention: Developing Success for All Learners
3. Communicating and Collaborating with Other Professionals and Families
4. Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
5. Promoting Social Acceptance and Managing Student Behavior
PART II. TEACHING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
6. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
8. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
9. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
11. Teaching Students with Lower-Incidence Disabilities
PART III. TEACHING PRACTICES
12. Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for All Learners
13. Promoting Excellence through the Teaching and Learning Connection
14. Facilitating Reading
15. Facilitating Writing
16. Helping All Students Succeed in Mathematics