Components of the Package:
Teaching Students with Learning Problems, 8th Edition
By Cecil D. Mercer, Ann R. Mercer, Paige C. Pullen
MyEducationLab -- Valuepack Access Card
By . . Pearson Education
Logically organized, comprehensive, and thoroughly applied, the eighth edition of Teaching Students with Learning Problems contains the resources teachers need to make informed decisions concerning their students with learning or behavior problems. No text on the market offers this many classroom-tested strategies, including activities and games. Unique in its coverage the materials and computer software most appropriate for students with learning problems in every content area, this top-selling text continues to be the most practical and well-researched resource for classroom teachers.
- New! MyEducationLab margin notes throughout the text lead readers to online material that will deepen their understanding of important chapter topicsContent area chapters begin with assessment, then discuss the research and methods that work best with students with learning problems, followed by classroom strategies to help every student succeed.
- Behavior management and affective intervention coverage provides teachers with the tools to help students succeed.
- New! Response to Intervention coverage throughout chapters explains this important information as it relates to IDEA 2004.
- Common characteristics of different categories of learning problems help teachers identify problems related to instruction to better choose appropriate teaching techniques.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Foundations of Teaching
1. Creatiing Responsive Learning Environments
2. Planning and Organizing Instruction
3. Assessing Students for Instruction
4. Teaching Students and Managing Instruction
5. Promoting Social, Emotional, and Behavior Development
Part II: Teaching Academic Skills
6. Assessing and Teaching Language
7. Assessing Reading
8. Teaching Reading
9. Assessing and Teaching Spelling
10. Assessing and Teaching Handwriting and Written Expression
11. Assessing Math
12. Teaching Math
13. Teaching Learning Strategies, Content, and Study Skills
14. Promoting Transitions
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Teaching Students with Learning Problems, 8th Edition as a replacement.