This highly praised text takes a categorical approach to covering the opportunities and challenges in creating inclusive classrooms for all students. IEP coverage, new material on Response to Intervention, chapters on both elementary and secondary classrooms as well as new features on differentiating instruction in both elementary and secondary classrooms provide the most coverage in the field of the instructional processes general education teachers will need to know to address the needs of all learners.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Foundations of Inclusion
1. Inclusive Education: An Introduction
2. Professional and Home-School Collaboration
3. Identifying and Programming for Student Needs
4. Managing and Differentiating Classrooms
Part 2: Teaching Students with Special Needs
5. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities
6. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
7. Teaching Students with Intellectual Disabilities
8. Teaching Students with attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders
9. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Sensory Impairments
11. Teaching Students with Low-Incidence Disabilities
12. Teaching Students with Speech and Language Disorders
13. Teaching Students with Special Gifts and Talents
14. Teaching Students who are At Risk
Part 3: Applying Inclusive Practice
15. Teaching Students with Special Needs in Elementary Schools
16. Teaching Students with Special Needs in Secondary Schools
- Sample IEP for an Elementary Student
- Sample IEP for a Middle School Student
- Sample IEP for a Secondary School Student
Additional Course Materials
$63.40 | Add to Cart
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.40 | Add to Cart
$16.00 | Add to Cart
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive Settings, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users