Emphasizing the connection between writing and context, Technical Communication: A Practical Approach 8e uses a fictional company (M-Global) and students' own school and workplace settings to introduce the common genres of technical communication. Featuring numbered guidelines and an ABC format, the book shows how to write a variety of technical documents including business proposals, white papers, scripts, research reports, digital documents and more! This edition features earlier coverage of collaboration, more on software tools, expanded ABC formats, and the innovative MyTechCommLab website.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
Chapter 1 Technical Communication in the Workplace
Chapter 2 Process in Technical Communication
Chapter 3 Collaboration and Writing
PART II: EFFECTIVE WORKPLACE DOCUMENTS
Chapter 4 Organizing Information
Chapter 5 Document Design
Chapter 6 Correspondence
PART III: COMMON TECHNICAL COMMUNICATON GENRES
Chapter 7 Definitions and Descriptions
Chapter 8 Process Explanations and Instructions
PART IV: PRESENTING RESEARCH
Chapter 9 Technical Research
Chapter 10 Formatting Reports and Proposals
Chapter 11 Reports for Information and Analysis
Chapter 12 Proposals and White Papers
PART V: ALTERNATIVES TO PRINT TEXT
Chapter 12 Graphics
Chapter 14 Web Pages and Writing for the Web
Chapter 15 Presentations
PART VI: COMMUNICATING A PROFESSIONAL IMAGE
Chapter 16 The Job Search
Chapter 17 Style in Technical Writing
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$54.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-298956-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84949-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$104.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94643-0