For courses in technical communication, technical writing, business communication, and business writing.
Technical Communication: Process and Product, 7e provides a proven, complete methodology that emphasizes the writing process and how it applies to both oral and written communication. With an emphasis on real people and their real business writing, it provides complete coverage of communication channels, ethics, and technological advances. This edition includes more information on dispersed teams, collaboration tools, listening skills, and social networking. Using before/after documents, authentic writing samples and skill-building assignments, the book provides a balance of how-to instruction with real-world modeling to address the needs of an evolving workplace.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Technical Communication
2. The Communication Process: Prewriting, Writing, and Rewriting
3. Clarity, Conciseness, Accuracy, and Ethics in Technical Communication
4. Communicating Effectively to Your Audience
5. Research and Documentation
6. Routine Correspondence: Memos, Letters, E-Mail Messages, Instant Messages, and Text Messages
7. Building Online Communities through Blogging, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, and Virtual World
8. Communicating Effectively to Get a Job
9. Document Design
10. Using Visual Aids in Technical Communication
11. Communicating to Persuade
12. Technical Descriptions and Process Analyses
13. Instructions, User Manuals, and Standard Operating Procedures
14. Online Help and Web Sites
15. Summarizing Technical Communication
16. Short, Informal Reports
17. Long, Formal Reports
19. Oral Communication
APPENDIX A: Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
APPENDIX B: Parenthetical Source Citations and Documentation
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Technical Communication: Process and Product, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$47.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-137751-6