Appropriate for courses on Computers and the Law.
Technology in the Law Office, 3e builds a strong foundation in technology concepts, applications and vocabulary so students are prepared to work effectively in today’s law office. This new edition includes an early chapter on ethics and two chapters devoted to electronic discovery. With a focus on self-reliance, it helps students develop a hands-on understanding of the most popular legal software programs, including AbacusLaw, Tabs3, SmartDrawLegal, LexisNexis CaseMap and TimeMap, and Sanction II. This edition includes new video case studies and more references to Microsoft Office applications, making it an outstanding reference for those studying and working in the legal field.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: THE FUNDAMENTALS
1. Technology in the Law Office
2. Legal Ethics in a Technology Age
3. Computers in the Law Office: Hardware and Software
4. The Internet, the Cloud and Communication
UNIT II: THE BUILDING BLOCKS
5. The Electronic Courthouse and Virtual Law Office
6. Word Processing
7. Electronic Spreadsheets
8. Electronic Databases
UNIT III: SPECIALTY APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE
9. Office Management Software
10. Case Organization and Management Software
UNIT IV: COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN LITIGATION
11. The Changing Face of Discovery-E-Discovery
12. Evolving Issues in E-Discovery
13. Electronic Discovery—The Process
14. Analysis and Review of E—Discovery
15. The Electronic Courtroom
16. Presentation and Trial Graphics
17. Electronic Trial Presentation
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Technology in the Law Office, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$65.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-272434-0