For undergraduate/graduate-level courses in Hospitality Information Systems, and Hospitality Technology.
This text examines technology strategies for the hospitality industry using case studies, interviews, and an interactive web page. Exceptionally practical in approach, this edition includes a new chapter on technology in the casino industry and a new chapter on technology for meetings and events. A separate chapter is devoted to planning and investment as students learn what technology exists and how to use it succeed in the hospitality business.
Table of Contents
1. If You Think You Don’t Need to Know About IT, Think Again!
2. Using Information Technology to Drive Competitive Advantage
3. Computing Essentials
4. Networks and Security
6. Restaurant Management Systems
7. Hotel and Resort Technology
8. Hotel Global Distribution Systems and Channels
10. Competing on Knowledge: How the Power of Information Can Enable Great Things
11. Technology in the Casino Industry
12. Technology for the Meetings and Events Industry
13. Strategic Hospitality Technology Investment
APPENDIX I: Sample Request for Proposal (RFP)
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$40.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-503800-0