For courses in Terrorism, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Security, Sociology, and Political Science.
Taking an unbiased approach, Terrorism Today offers a lens into the history and status of terrorism around the world. Written with a global perspective, it addresses different regions of the world and the terrorist groups in each region. The text examines terrorist events and groups, analyzes responses to terrorism and the resulting changes in terrorist strategies, and steps through each continent mapping out current and future trends. The text’s fifteen chapters build from historical backgrounds to predictions about terrorism in the twenty-first century.
Table of Contents
PART 1: THE DEFINITONS AND HISTORY OF TERRORISM
1. In Search of a Definition for Terrorism
2. A Brief History of Terrorism
PART 2: GLOBAL TERRORISM
3. The United States of America
4. Canada and the Caribbean
5. Great Britain and Northern Ireland
6. Western Europe
7. Eastern Europe and the Balkans
8. North Africa and the Middle East
9. Persian Gulf
10. Northeast, Central, and Southern Africa
11. Southern and Southeast Asia
12. Pacific Rim
13. Latin America and South America
PART 3: THE WAR ON TERROR
14. Countering Terrorism
15. The Future—What’s Next for Terrorism?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Terrorism Today: The Past, The Players, The Future, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-267489-8