For courses in Terrorism.
Taking an unbiased approach, this book offers a lens into the history and status of terrorism around the world. Written from a global perspective, it addresses different regions of the world and the terrorist groups that originate there. Featuring new maps and photo art, this edition clearly shows students where terrorism exists and how prevalent it is today. Its systems approach explores various elements of terrorism, terrorists, and their motives and its wide range of current topics make the text suitable for all disciplines and points of view.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE DEFINITONS AND HISTORY OF TERRORISM
1. In Search of a Definition for Terrorism
2. A Brief History of Terrorism
PART II: TERRORISM AROUND THE WORLD
3. The United States of America
4. Canada and the Caribbean
5. Great Britain and Northern Ireland
6. Western Europe
7. Eastern Europe and the Balkans
8. North Africa and the Middle East
9. The Persian Gulf
10. Northeast, Central, and Southern Africa
11. Southern and Southeast Asia
12. The Pacific Rim
13. Latin America and South America
PART III: THE WAR ON TERROR
14. Countering Terrorism
15. The Future and the War against Terrrorism
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Terrorism Today: The Past, The Players, The Future, CourseSmart eTextbook, 4th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$50.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-505763-6