For courses in substantive Criminal Law.
Designed for the state of Texas, this book emphasizes the criminal laws of the Lone Star State using an approachable, example-filled style. Each chapter includes references to the source content and emphasizes actual practices and common day-to-day procedures used by Texas law enforcement, prosecutorial, and correctional agencies. Unique CRIMEGRAPHS graphically display the elements of the major offenses contained in the Texas Penal Code and appear in each chapter. Throughout the book, it focuses on the elements of the major criminal offenses and defenses in Texas as described in the Texas Penal Code.
Table of Contents
1. Foundations of Criminal Law
2. Elements of a Crime
3. The Criminal Law in Daily Practice
4. Parties of Offenses
5. Criminal Homicide
6. Assault and Sexual Assault
7. Kidnapping and Related Offenses
8. Property Destruction Offenses
9. Theft, Fraud, and Related Offenses
11. Burglary and Criminal Trespass
12. Offenses Against Government Operations
13. Public Disorder and Safety Offenses
14. Preparatory Offenses
15. General Defenses and Justification
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
APPENDIX A–USING THE TEXAS PENAL CODE AND COURT DECISIONS
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Texas Criminal Law: Principles and Practices, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501755-5