Updated in its 12th edition, Texas Government introduces the essentials of Texas government and its often colorful politics in a way that any reader can understand. With an emphasis on public policy and active learning, this popular and highly accessible textcontains an abundance of useful study aids and exercises in every chapter and a lively, straightforward writing style. Showing readers the impact that government has on their lives, this insightful and sometimes humorous critique of Texas government engages readers in the course material and encourages them to become active participants in their government.
Note: MyPoliSciLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPoliSciLab, please visit:
www.mypoliscilab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyPoliSciLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205908810 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205908813
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: THE PEOPLE, ECONOMY, AND POLITICAL CULTURE OF TEXAS
CHAPTER 2: TEXAS CONSTITUTION
CHAPTER 3: THE FEDERAL CONTEXT OF TEXAS POLICYMAKING
CHAPTER 4: POLITICAL PARTICIPATION
CHAPTER 5: INTEREST GROUPS
CHAPTER 6: POLITICAL PARTIES
CHAPTER 7: ELECTIONS
CHAPTER 8: THE TEXAS LEGISLATURE
CHAPTER 9: EXECUTIVE BRANCH
CHAPTER 10: JUDICIAL BRANCH
CHAPTER 11: CITY GOVERNMENT
CHAPTER 12: COUNTIES, SCHOOL DISTRICTS, AND SPECIAL DISTRICTS
CHAPTER 13: STATE BUDGET POLICY
CHAPTER 14: CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Answers to Practice Test Questions
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-96921-0
$39.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-96922-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$82.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-99076-4