Written in a narrative style, this comprehensive yet accessible survey of Texas history–from early times to the present–offers a balanced, scholarly presentation of all time periods and topics. From the beginning sections on geography and prehistoric people, to the concluding discussions on the start of the twenty-first century, this text successfully considers each era equally in terms of space and emphasis.
Table of Contents
1. The Land and Its Native Peoples.
2. Spanish Texas—Exploration and Occupation, 1519-1763.
3. Spanish Texas—The Last Years, 1763-1821.
4. Mexican Texas
5. The Prelude to Revolution, 1826-1835.
6. The Texas Revolution, 1835-1836.
7. The Republic of Texas, 1836-1845.
8. Early Statehood, 1846-1861.
9. Pioneer Institutions.
10. Secession and War, 1861-1865.
11. Restoring Texas to the Union, 1865-1874.
12. From Reconstruction to Reform, 1874-1890.
13. Cultural Conflict on the Frontier.
14. The Populists and Progressives, 1890-1910.
15. Life at the Turn of the Century.
16. Crusades and Complacency, 1910-1930.
17. The Great Depression and Second World War, 1930-1945.
18. Post-War Texas, 1945-1963.
19. Politics of an Urban Land, 1963-1978.
20. Republican Texas, 1978-2008
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Texas: The Lone Star State, CourseSmart eTextbook, 10th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-68525-7