Textiles: Basics is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge of textiles so you can be prepared for a career in the global textile and apparel industry. With the knowledge from this book, you will have the foundation you need to make informed decisions regarding textile materials and textile products and to communicate effectively with other individuals and companies in the workplace.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Textiles
Chapter 2: Textile Serviceability and Sustainability
Chapter 3: Natural Fibers
Chapter 4: Manufactured and Synthetic Fibers
Chapter 5: Yarns
Chapter 6: Woven Fabrics
Chapter 7: Knit Fabrics
Chapter 8: Other Fabrics
Chapter 9: Finishes
Chapter 10: Dyeing and Printing
Chapter 11: Care of Textiles
Appendix A. Common Trade Names for Fibers, Fabrications, and Finishes
Appendix B. Guide to Stain Removal
Appendix C. World Map
Appendix D. Major Dye Classes
Appendix E. Fiber Names in Other Languages
Appendix F. Fiber Property Charts
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users