Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134391063.
Using case studies, applied examples, original source material, and her own inimitable pedagogical style, Nancy Murdock succinctly elucidates fifteen of the most influential and ground-breaking theories of psychotherapy and counseling. With this articulate guide to counseling theory, students will grasp complicated historical theory and not only understand the historical footing and uses of each, but will learn how these theories have informed each other and contributed to modern practice, while applying it to their own professional counseling experience. Examining the historical roots, evaluations, and lasting effects of Existential, Gestalt, Behavior, Cognitive, Reality, Feminist, Family, Narrative, and Solution-Focused Therapy and much more, this text equips students with the history and application necessary to bring theory to life.
New Features Include:
- A New Chapter on Mindfulness Approaches
- Extensive Coverage of Ethics in Therapy
- Addition of Outcome and Theory-testing Research for Approaches to Therapy
- Coverage of Psychotherapy Outcome Research and Evidence-Based Treatment
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Theory Is a Good Thing
Chapter 2: Psychoanalysis
Chapter 3: Neoanalytic Approaches
Chapter 4: Individual Psychology
Chapter 5: Person-Centered Therapy
Chapter 6: Existential Psychotherapy
Chapter 7: Gestalt Therapy
Chapter 8: Behavior Therapy
Chapter 9: Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
Chapter 10: Cognitive Therapy
Chapter 11: Reality Therapy
Chapter 12: Feminist Therapy
Chapter 13: Family Systems Theory
Chapter 14: Solution-Focused Therapy
Chapter 15: Narrative Therapy
Chapter 16: Mindfulness Approaches
Chapter 17: Conclusion
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-410601-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$65.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307222-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$110.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-301285-9