For courses in Counseling Theory.
Connect counseling theories with clinical practice.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills offers an innovative look at emerging and well-established counseling theories. Organizing theories into four broad themes (Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and Actions), authors underscore key similarities and differences in each approach. Moving beyond a traditional theories book, chapters include skill development sections that connect counseling theories with clinical practice. Fully revised, this edition brings a stronger multicultural focus, includes over 400 new research references, and offers new activities to sharpen clinical understanding.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: PROVIDING EFFECTIVE COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
1. Contexts of Effective Treatment
PART TWO: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING BACKGROUND
2. Overview of Background-Focused Treatment Systems
3. Sigmund Freud and Classic Psychoanalysis
4. Alfred Adler and Individual Psychology
5. Post- and Neo-Freudians: Analytical Psychology, Ego Psychology, Object Relations, and Self Psychology
6. Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
PART THREE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING EMOTIONS AND SENSATIONS
7. Overview of Emotion-Focused Treatment Systems
8. Carl Rogers and Person-Centered Counseling
9. Existential Therapy
10. Gestalt Therapy
11. Emerging Approaches Emphasizing Emotions and Sensations
PART FOUR: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING THOUGHTS
12. Overview of Thought-Focused Treatment Systems
13. Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
14. Aaron Beck and Cognitive Therapy
PART FIVE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING ACTIONS
15. Overview of Action-Focused Treatment Systems
16. Behavior Therapy and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
17. Reality Therapy
PART SIX: OTHER TREATMENT APPROACHES
18. Family Systems Approaches
19. Integrative Therapies
20. Solidifying Understanding of Treatment Systems
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$61.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-285220-3