Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0133388735. To order this title packaged with MyCounselingLab without Pearson eText, use ISBN 0134391055.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills offers an innovative look at emerging and well-established counseling theories. Organizing theories into four broad themes (Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and Actions), authors underscore key similarities and differences in each approach. Moving beyond a traditional theories book, chapters include skill development sections that connect counseling theories with clinical practice. Fully revised, this edition brings a stronger multicultural focus, includes over 400 new research references, and offers new activities to sharpen clinical understanding. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: PROVIDING EFFECTIVE COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
1. Contexts of Effective Treatment
PART TWO: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING BACKGROUND
2. Overview of Background-Focused Treatment Systems
3. Sigmund Freud and Classic Psychoanalysis
4. Alfred Adler and Individual Psychology
5. Post- and Neo-Freudians: Analytical Psychology, Ego Psychology, Object Relations, and Self Psychology
6. Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
PART THREE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING EMOTIONS AND SENSATIONS
7. Overview of Emotion-Focused Treatment Systems
8. Carl Rogers and Person-Centered Counseling
9. Existential Therapy
10. Gestalt Therapy
11. Emerging Approaches Emphasizing Emotions and Sensations
PART FOUR: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING THOUGHTS
12. Overview of Thought-Focused Treatment Systems
13. Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
14. Aaron Beck and Cognitive Therapy
PART FIVE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING ACTIONS
15. Overview of Action-Focused Treatment Systems
16. Behavior Therapy and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
17. Reality Therapy
PART SIX: OTHER TREATMENT APPROACHES
18. Family Systems Approaches
19. Integrative Therapies
20. Solidifying Understanding of Treatment Systems
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$80.40 $76.38 | Add to Cart
$169.27 $160.81 | Add to Cart
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-334646-6
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-334725-8
$162.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-285170-1
Free Ground Shipping.