For courses in Thesis.
The ultimate thesis resource for students in criminal justice and criminology, this handbook is a comprehensive guide to developing and writing graduate level research. It takes the student on a step-by-step journey through the entire thesis process from initial ideas to a completed product or even a published article. Examples from actual student theses provide concrete illustrations of each step and function as a starting point for one’s own project. Tips for organizing tasks and completing them on time help orient students to the research process and give them confidence to achieve their own research goals.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: PREPARING FOR THE THESIS
1. Choices and Products
2. Getting Started
3. Development of a Research Question
4. The Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Review Committee
5. Suggestions for Citing and Writing
SECTION II: THE PROSPECTUS OR PROPOSAL
6. Introduction and Problem Statement
7. Literature Review
9. The Prospectus and the Prospectus Defense
SECTION III: ANALYZING INFORMATION AND DRAWING CONCLUSIONS
10. Analyzing & Presenting Your Data and Findings
11. Conclusions, Implications and Limitations
SECTION IV: THE FINAL DEFENSE AND BEYOND
12. The Thesis Defense
13. Revising Your Thesis into Articles and Presentations
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Thesis Resource Guide for Criminology and Criminal Justice, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$28.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501655-8