Examines Gender in Society
Thinking About Women, 10/e by Margaret L. Andersen and Dana Hysock Witham examines how gender operates in every aspect of society. This title is interdisciplinary in its coverage, yet grounded in sociological theory. The opening chapters introduce readers to the underlying sociological frameworkand show how research on women and women’s studies as a field developed from the feminist movement.
NOTE: This is the standalone book.
This title is available in a variety of formats - digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through CourseSmart, Amazon, and more.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I Introduction
Chapter 1 Studying Women: Feminist Perspectives
Part II Gender, Culture, and Sexuality
Chapter 2 The Social Construction Of Gender
Chapter 3 Gender, Culture, And The Media
Chapter 4 Sexuality and Intimate Relationships
Part III Gender and Social Institutions
Chapter 5 Gender, Work, And The Economy
Chapter 6 Gender and Families
Chapter 7 Women, Health, And Reproduction
Chapter 8 Women And Religion
Chapter 9 Women, Crime, And Deviance
Chapter 10 Gender, Education, And Science
Chapter 11 Women, Power, And Politics
Part IV Gender and Social Change: Frameworks of Feminism
Chapter 12 Women And Social Reform: Liberal Feminism
Chapter 13 Contemporary Frameworks In Feminist Theory
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$62.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$47.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92554-4