For courses in Torts and Tort Law.
Developed to address the need for a more comprehensive and detailed text, this book provides substantive tort law coverage while teaching practical paralegal employment skills. Each chapter includes in-text examples that emphasize case law, statutes and key points and end-of-chapter material that focuses on paralegal skills that will make students more employable. A unique DVD accompanies the text, complete with tort-related video scenarios and discussion questions for each chapter. Going beyond providing tort law resources, it fosters skills useful in any specialization, including critical thinking, analysis, drafting, briefing, legal research and related skills.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO TORT LAW AND PRACTICE
1. Introduction to Tort Law
2. Tort Practice and Applications
PART II: INTENTIONAL TORTS, DEFENSES AND REMEDIES
3. Intentional Torts
4. Defenses to Intentional Torts and Remedies
PART III: NEGLIGENCE, DEFENSES AND REMEDIES
6. Defenses to Negligence and Remedies
PART IV: STRICT LIABILITY AND PRODUCTS LIABILITY, DEFENSES AND REMEDIES
7. Introduction to Strict Liability: Harm Caused by Animals and Other Abnormally Dangerous Conditions or Activities
8. Products Liability
9. Strict Liability Tort Defenses and Remedies
PART V: OTHER TORTS AND MISCELLANEOUS TORT MATTERS
10. Defamation and Disparagement of Property
11. Invasion of Privacy
12. Misrepresentation, Tortious Interference and the Prima Facie Tort
13. Survival, Wrongful Death, and Wrongful Birth and Life
14. Joint Tortfeasors and Vicarious Liability
15. Immunity from Tort Law
16. Mass Torts, the Role of Insurance and Workers’ Compensation
APPENDIX A: SAMPLE COURT CASE
APPENDIX B: SAMPLE CASE BRIEF
APPENDIX C: SAMPLE LEGAL CORRESPONDENCE
APPENDIX D: SAMPLE LEGAL MEMORANDUM
APPENDIX E: SAMPLE NEGLIGENCE COMPLAINT
APPENDIX F: SAMPLE SETTLEMENT AGREEEMENT
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Tort Law: Concepts and Applications, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-507113-7