Total Fitness and Wellness gives students a solid foundation in fitness and lifetime wellness, while teaching and coaching them how to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices.
The new edition combines the latest research and statistics in exercise science while coaching students through the best way to put better fitness into action. Unique to Total Fitness and Wellness, a new chapter on planning fitness & wellness programs (Chapter 7) guides students on building their complete programs for enhanced fitness & wellness. Furthermore, the coaching features and revised sample programs throughout the text offer students easy-to-follow, strategic guides to reaching all their fitness & wellness goals, and are available in a mobile format. QR codes in the book link to actual exercise videos, so students can quickly and easily see proper form and technique videos prior to their own workouts.
For a focused presentation on fitness, the Brief Edition consists of Chapters 1–11 from the big book so students receive the basics on fitness, nutrition, cardiovascular disease, and stress management.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Creating Your Total Fitness and Wellness Plan
8. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
9. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
10. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
11. Stress Management
12. Exercise: The Environment and Special Populations
13. Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
15. Sexually Transmitted Infections
16. Addiction and Substance Abuse
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief, Fifth Edition, (978-0-321-88366-7 / 0-321-88366-7), includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1—11 of this Sixth Edition.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Total Fitness & Wellness, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86168-9