Thoroughly revised and updated to be relevant, approachable, and appealing, Total Fitness & Wellness gives you a solid foundation in fitness and lifetime wellness, while teaching them how to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices. The new Media Update Edition combines the latest research and statistics in exercise science and includes new media. This edition builds on the already expanded coverage of behavior change and provides the most comprehensive supplements package in the market to create a package instructors and students alike will enjoy using. For a focused presentation on fitness, the Brief Edition consists of Chapters 1-10 and 16 from the big book so you receive the basics on fitness, nutrition, cardiovascular disease and stress management.
The Media Update features an extensively revised Companion Website with over 80 new exercise videos, ABC News videos, RSS feeds, flashcards, electronic versions of labs and self-assessments, and electronic versions of the Behavior Change Worksheets. The new MyFitnessLab™ features the same updates as the website, as well as Pearson eText with live links, audio clips, and electronic versions of the Eat Right! and Live Right! booklets.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
8. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
9. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
10. Stress Management
11. Exercise and the Environment
12. Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
14. Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Addiction and Substance Abuse
16. Life Time Fitness and Wellness
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief Third Edition Media Update (0-321-66782-4) includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1-10 and 16 of this Fifth Edition Media Update.
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67658-0
$59.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67415-9