This book translates social justice values and multicultural theory into a practical therapeutic model for clinical/community practice.
The focus in this work is on linking people across family boundaries to solve common problems, as personal and relational problems are situated in broader social issues, in order to form a healing context
Table of Contents
1. Remembering Context/Transforming Family Therapy
2. Critical Consciousness: Recognizing the Sociopolitical Context of Daily Life
3. Expanding Gender Identities
4. Families as Subsystems
5. Healing as a Community Effort: Culture Circles
6. Creating Communities of Resistance and Support: Sponsors and Cultural Consultants
7. Children: Seeds of Change
8. Special Issues: Domestic Violence & Substance Abuse
9. Case Studies: Power, Privilege, and oppression in Family Life
10. Dialogue: The Way Forward
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Transformative Family Therapy: Just Families in a Just Society, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-61410-3