This title is also available packaged with the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400719.
For college students who are becoming teachers, developing 21st century technology skills requires a dynamic shift in the way they think about and make use of technology in schools. Learning how to use computer hardware and software is less and less the primary goal. Instead, teachers and students need 21st century learning mindsets in which they are active users and assessors of technology. “21st century learning” means teachers prepare, deliver, and assess lessons differently while students think critically and creatively about the learning they do and the technologies they use. Pre-service teachers are coming to recognize that the 21st century approach to educational technology means understanding what interactive computer technologies can do and how to utilize them to create engaging, memorable learning experiences for students. The authors have written this book to help students to do just that.
The Second Edition provides essential coverage of New and Emerging Technologies including 21st century learning, tablet computers and apps, flipped classrooms, microblogging, online learning, virtual schools, digital citizenship, and digital video as well as expanded explorations of educational websites and software, learning games, digital portfolios, assistive technologies, and student participation systems. These additions let students learn about how the latest technologies can be used in schools to create successful learning experiences for K-12 students. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
1 Becoming a 21st Century Teacher
2 Understanding Educational Technology Issues and Trends
3 Transforming Learning with Unique, Powerful Technology
4 Designing Lessons and Developing Curriculum with Technology
5 Teaching Information Literacy and Digital Citizenship
6 Fostering Online Learning with Educational Websites and Apps
7 Exploring Problem Solving and Inquiry Learning with Software, Apps, and Games
8 Communicating and Collaborating with Social Media
9 Expressing Creativity with Multimedia Technologies
10 Promoting Success for All Students through Technology
11 Engaging Students in Performance Assessment and Reflective Learning
12 Integrating Technology and Creating Change as Teacher Leaders
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$58.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-315577-8