I. TRANSITION FOUNDATIONS.
1. History and Transition Legislation.
2. Transition Models and Best Practices.
3. Career Development: Theories for Transition Planning.
4. Transition Collaborators.
5. Multicultural Competence in Transition Planning Processes.
II. CAREER AND TRANSITION SERVICES.
6. Career and Vocational Education.
7. Transition Assessment and Postschool Outcomes.
8. Curriculum Development and Transition.
9. Instructional Strategies.
10. The Role of Technology in Transition Planning.
III. TRANSITION PLANNING.
11. Participatory Decision-Making: Innovative Practices That Increase Student Self-Determination.
12. Transition Planning.
13. Coordinating Transition Services.
14. Family Involvement.
IV. POSTSCHOOL AND COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT.
15. Transition to Employment.
16. Postsecondary Education and Career Paths.
17. Recreation and Leisure in the Community.
18. My Home: Developing Skills and Supports for Adult Living.
Appendix A: Self-Evaluation Strategies to Assist in Examining Cultural Beliefs and Multicultural Competence.
Appendix B: Relationships with Minority Families.
Appendix C: Life-Centered Career Education Transition Model and Competencies.
Appendix D: Glossary of Terms Commonly Used in Transition Planning.
Appendix E: Sample Blanket Release of Information and Member Agreement.
Appendix F: Self-Survey of Transition Practices.