What makes you stand out in the market for that great graduate job?
In the competitive market for graduate jobs, securing a good degree no longer sets you apart from other candidates – this book will provide you with the tools and techniques to allow you to gain and communicate the range of employability skills and behaviours that will make you stand out from the crowd and get the job that you want.
“Packed full of practical, easy to understand tips to de-mystify the process of preparing yourself for your future career - an essential read for all students starting uni!”
Gemma Kenyon, Head of Careers, City Careers Service, City, University of London
Table of Contents
- Employability skills valued by employers
- Global business needs global graduates
- Employability in and out of the lecture theatre
- The job market
- Social media, jobs and you
- Career planning
- Finding a job
- Developing an employable you
- Communicating your employability
- Your employability journey