Table of Contents
About the Contributors.
1. Turnstile Justice: American Corrections in the New Millennium, Rosemary L. Gido.
2. Outside In: Societal Change and Its Impact on Corrections, John M. Klofas.
3. Correctional Philosophies: Varying Ideologies of Punishment, Ted Alleman.
4. Prison Violence: From Where I Stand, Victor Hassine.
5. The Inmate Subculture in Juvenile Correctional Settings, Dorothy L. Taylor and Wilson R. Palacios.
6. Health Care for Women Offenders: Challenge for the New Century, Phyllis Harrison Ross, M.D. and James E. Lawrence.
7. Jailed Fathers: Paternal Reactions to Separation from Children, Jamie S. Martin.
8. The Development and Diversity of Correctional Boot Camps, Gaylene Styve Armstrong, Angela R. Gover, and Doris Layton MacKenzie.
9. Detention in I.N.S. Jails: Bureaucracy, Brutality and a Booming Business, Michael Welch.
10. Postsecondary Correctional Education: The Imprisoned University, Jon Marc Taylor and Richard Tewksbury.
11. Community Perceptions about Prison Construction: A Case Study, Randy Martin, David Champion, and Todd Gibney.
12. Building Local Networks: A Guide for Jail Administrator Leadership, Dave Kalinich and Bruce Bikle.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780131894532
Includes this title packaged with:
- Criminal Justice, Evaluating Online Resources with Research Navigator, 2004
$65.53 | Add to Cart