NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Enhanced Pearson eText platform exists for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Enhanced Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
A combination of theory, practical applications, and basic knowledge and skills that emphasizes understanding why and how teachers make reading assessment and instruction decisions.
Understanding, Assessing, and Teaching Reading is a comprehensive, practical, and easy-to-use text that helps teachers gather assessment data in order to make teaching decisions. The demand is greater than ever for teachers who understand why they do what they do in reading assessment. Good teachers must understand factors that affect reading and also assessment techniques they can use to better understand how these factors affect individual readers. Good teachers also ask questions about each student to help select, administer, and interpret the most appropriate assessments. In addition to building teachers’ understanding of the reading assessment process, this text presents a wide variety of reading skills, strategies, and teaching techniques that are appropriate follow-ups to assessments.
The 8th Edition retains the many powerful assessment instruments and techniques that have made the text so widely used. New content includes: a dedicated chapter on assessing and teaching writing (Ch. 13); “bridge” features that emphasize how teachers connect understanding-assessment-instruction; and updated children’s literature recommendations.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013520240X / 9780135202401 Understanding, Assessing, and Teaching Reading: A Diagnostic Approach with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135175550 / 9780135175552 Understanding, Assessing, and Teaching Reading: A Diagnostic Approach
- 0135178541 / 9780135178546 Understanding, Assessing, and Teaching Reading: A Diagnostic Approach, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
1. Understanding a Diagnostic Approach to Assessing and Teaching Reading2. Factors That Affect Reading Performance
3. Classroom Assessments
4. Oral Reading Assessments
5. Commercial Tests
6. Becoming the Teacher with a Diagnostic Mindset
7. Teaching with Texts
8. Early Literacy
13. Teaching Writing
14. Partnering with Families, Teachers, and Community
Appendix A: Informal Reading Inventory Administration and Scoring Procedures
Appendix B: Examiner Booklet
Appendix C: Informal Reading Inventory Student Booklet
Add to Cart
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-517850-8
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-517853-9
Digital + Print
Add to Cart
$99.99 $79.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
Add to Cart
$93.32 $74.66 |