For courses in Foodservice Cost Control and Foodservice Profitability.
Understanding Foodservice Cost Control, 3e is an easy-to-read, hands-on text that discusses how to control expenses and manage a foodservice operation of any size. Organized around the operating cycle of control, it serves as a how-to manual with a constant focus on bottom-line profit and budgetary goals. Throughout the book, an integrative restaurant case is used as a springboard for discussion and practice. An accompanying CD-ROM, exercises and in-depth coverage show how to maximize revenues, control expenses and optimize one’s financial objectives.
Pearson Education is proud to bring world-renowned Dorling Kindersley (DK) products to your classroom. Instantly recognized by their fascinating, full-color photographs and illustrations on every page, DK titles will add meaning to expository text and make learning accessible and, fun. Other DK hallmarks include cross-section views, 3D models, and text to visual call-outs to help readers comprehend and enjoy the wealth of information each book provides. With Pearson, you can see DK in a whole new way! For a complete listing of titles, please visit: http://us.dk.com/pearson
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. About Operating Controls in the Foodservice Industry
PART II: FOOD COST CONTROL SYSTEMS
2. About Recipes
3. About the Portion Cost
4. About Purchasing
5. Purchasing the Right Quantity
6. About the Right Supplier
7. About Receiving & Storing Products & Processing Invoices
8. About Inventory & Inventory Control
9. About Food Production Control
10. About Food Cost & Food Cost Percent
11. About Monitoring Sales
12. About Menus, Menu Pricing, Sales Forecasts & Sales Analysis
PART III: BEVERAGE COST CONTROL SYSTEMS
13. About Beverage Cost & Beverage Percent
14. About Bar & Inventory Control
15. About Beverage Production Control & Service
PART IV: LABOR COST CONTROL SYSTEMS
16. About Controlling Payroll Costs & Employee Turnover
17. About Measuring Staff Performance & Productivity
PART V: OPERATING STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS
18. About Operating Statements
19. About Preparing Income Statements
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$50.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-500628-3