Updated in its 9th edition, Understanding Global Conflict and Cooperation is a concise and penetrating introduction to world politics in an era of complex interdependence. This text employs lessons from theory and history to examine conflict and cooperating among global actors and thus to provide readers with a durable analytical framework. From twentieth and twenty-first century wars to global finance and global governance, Understanding Global Conflict and Cooperation, expands substantially on a classic work and continues to deliver a thought-provoking survey of international relations today.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Are There Enduring Logics of Cooperation in World Politics?
Chapter 2. Explaining Conflict and Cooperation: Tools and Techniques of the Trade
Chapter 3. From Westphalia to World War I
Chapter 4. The Failure of Collective Security and World War II
Chapter 5. The Cold War
Chapter 6. Post-Cold War Cooperation, Conflict, Flashpoints
Chapter 7. Globalization and Interdependence
Chapter 8. The Information Revolution and Transnational Actors
Chapter 9. What Can We Expect in the Future?
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$40.99 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134038551
Includes this title packaged with:
- Cases in International Relations, 6th Edition
Donald M Snow
- Power & Interdependence, 4th Edition
Robert O. Keohane, Joseph S. Nye
- International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues, 12th Edition
Robert J. Art, Robert Jervis
$331.13 | Add to Cart
This item has been upgraded to Understanding Global Conflict and Cooperation: An Introduction to Theory and History, 10th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92167-6