An interdisciplinary approach with an emphasis on culture and family
Understanding Human Development challenges students to examine development from a broader perspective. Students draw on their own experiences as they weigh the research and ideas presented in the text. This brief text is ideal for undergraduate courses in Lifespan Development and Human Development.
MyDevelopmentLab is an integral part of the Craig/Dunn program. Key learning applications include a personalized study plan, MyDevelopmentLab Video Series, and MyVirtualLife.
A better teaching and learning experience
The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to:
- Personalize Learning – MyDevelopmentLab is online learning. MyDevelopmentLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Critical thinking questions throughout encourage students to consider the relevance of developmental concepts and events in the context of their own lives.
- Engage Students — "Try This!" give students an opportunity to challenge and extend their own thinking and expertise in the field of human development.
- Explore Research — Strong focus on the most recent and relevant research.
- Understand Culture and Diversity— "Changing Perspectives" features explore controversies about human development, often within a specific cultural context, and encourages thought and discussion.
- Support Instructors — A complete package of instructors resources is available and the plan for these resources was carefully developed by the text authors to ensure the quality and coverage perfectly matches the content and focus of the text.
0205953743 / 9780205953745 Understanding Human Development Plus NEW MyDevelopmentLab with eText
Package consists of:
0205206522 / 9780205206520 NEW MyDevelopmentLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
0205233651 / 9780205233656 Understanding Human Development
Table of Contents
In this Section:
1. Brief Table of Contents
1. BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: Introduction to Human Development
Chapter 2: Heredity and Environment
Chapter 3: Prenatal Development and Childbirth
Chapter 4: Infancy and Toddlerhood: Physical, Cognitive, and Language Development
Chapter 5: Infancy and Toddlerhood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 6: Early Childhood: Physical, Cognitive, and Language Development
Chapter 7: Early Childhood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 8: Middle Childhood: Physical and Cognitive Development
Chapter 9: Middle Childhood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 10: Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development
Chapter 11: Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 12: Young Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development
Chapter 13: Young Adulthood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 14: Middle Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development
Chapter 15: Middle Adulthood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 16: Older Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development
Chapter 17: Older Adulthood: Personality and Sociocultural Development
Chapter 18: Death and Dying
Answers to Review the Facts
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95874-0
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-24030-2
Digital + Print
$144.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-98951-5
$131.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-23387-8