Table of Contents
1. The Language of Logic.
2. Meaning and Definition.
3. Informal Fallacies.
4. Categorical Syllogisms.
5. Propositional Logic: Truth Tables.
6. Propositional Logic: Natural Deduction.
7. Predicate Logic: Natural Deduction.
8. Analogical Arguments.
9. Mill's Methods of Experimental Inquiry.
10. Probability and Numbers.
11. Science and Hypothetical Reasoning.
Appendix 1: Traditional Names for Syllogistic Forms and Conditional Validity.
Appendix 2: The Paradoxes of Material Implication.
Appendix 3: Truth Trees.
Solutions to the Odd-Numbered Exercises.