- 0133792455 / 9780133792454 Understanding Music, 8/e
- 0133861767 / 9780133861761 MyMusicLab for Music Appreciation Access Card
MyMusicLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
For courses in Music Appreciation
Build Listening Skills Through Music Appreciation
Understanding Music teaches readers to listen to music with depth, understanding, and knowledge. Using music as a tool to exercise listening skills, the Eighth Edition integrates lively text, clear listening guides, and hands-on videos and web activities to convey the importance of listening. Through exploring and understanding different music from all around the world, Understanding Music teaches readers how to appreciate music concepts and styles, as well as gain important listening skills they can exercise in all areas of life.
Also available¿with MyMusicLab
MyMusicLab for the Music Appreciation course extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they’ve learned. And the Writing Space helps educators develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, quickly and easily. ¿Please note: this version of MyMusicLab does not include an eText.
Understanding Music, Eighth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. ¿
Table of Contents
1. Music Around the World
2. The Elements of Music
3. The Art of Listening
4. The Middle Ages: 400-1400
5. The Renaissance 1400-1600
6. The Baroque Era: 1600-1750
7. The Classic Era: 1750-1800
9. The Nineteenth Century I: Early Romantic Music
10. The Nineteenth Century II: Mid- to Late-Romantic Music
11. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part I: The Classical Scene
12. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part II: Jazz, an American Original
13. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part III: Popular Music in the United States
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
$49.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-393011-5
$54.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386149-5
Digital + Print
$83.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-412674-6
$63.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386164-8