Understanding Psychopathology: An Integral Exploration provides an up-to-date, honest, comprehensive exploration of what we know about the causes of and treatments for mental disorders from physiological, cultural, and social perspectives. In layperson’s terms the authors present the theories of etiology for each disorder from each perspective, examinations of the treatments for each, and real-world case studies to make the concepts clear. Readers get a solid understanding of the history of DSM-5 and why it alone is not enough to write a rich clinical picture of a client’s suffering. Disorders covered include Depression, Anxiety, Substance Use Disorders, Schizophrenia, Bipolar I Disorder, Sexual Disorders, Psychological trauma, Eating Disorders, and Sleep Wake Disorders.
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The DSM and Other Manuals: History and Overview
Chapter 3: Understanding Depression
Chapter 4: Anxiety
Chapter 5: An Integral Understanding of Psychological Trauma
Chapter 6: Bipolar I Disorder
Chapter 7: The Puzzle of Schizophrenia
Chapter 8: Substance-Related Disorders
Chapter 9: Attention Deficit–Hyperactivity Disorder
Chapter 10: Sexual Disorders
Chapter 11: Sleep–Wake Disorders
Chapter 12: Emptiness and Fullness: An Integral Approach to the Understanding and Treatment of Eating Disorders
Chapter 13: Psychopathology, Suffering, and the Moral Domain
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$23.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325848-6