For all courses in terrorism and homeland security, and for other criminal justice courses that focus on terrorism.
This fully updated book brings together today’s most crucial lessons and discoveries for analyzing terrorism and terrorist strategies, and defining effective countermeasures. It brings together both theory and practice, helping students realistically assess threats; understand terrorist acts and their impact; and examine police and governmental responses. This Third Edition reflects today’s latest trends, including an escalation of suicide bombings, increased terrorist sophistication, the decline in state-sponsored terrorism, terrorist resistance in Iraq, and the evolution of antiterrorism legislation. It also presents new coverage of hardening targets, anti-terrorism technology, and international cooperation.
Table of Contents
1. Concepts of Terror and Terrorism
2. Historical Antecedents of Terrorism and Violence
3. Violence and Terrorism: The Role of The Mass Media
4. The Palestine Question and Al Qaeda
5. Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations: The “A List”
6. The Dynamics of Hostage Taking and Negotiation
7. Contemporary Terrorism and Bombing
8. Suicide Bombers: A Global Problem
9. Counterterrorist Measures: The Response10. Future of Terrorism
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$40.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508982-8