For all baccalaureate-level courses in critical care and advanced adult or medical surgical nursing; and for hospital orientation programs for beginning critical care nurses.
UNDERSTANDING THE ESSENTIALS OF CRITICAL CARE NURSING, 2/e introduces all foundational elements of critical care nursing that are essential to delivering safe, effective care, and provide the basis for the eventual delivery of sophisticated, expert care. It focuses on the techniques and concepts most important for novice critical care nurses to understand, and the care of patients with the most common critical illnesses, establishing the groundwork students need to become increasingly effective and capable of offering increasingly advanced care. Key topics include: nursing assessment of critically ill patients; evidence based practices; safety initiatives; commonly used medications; and leading technologies for providing better care. This edition contains extensive new coverage ranging from 2010 AHA Guidelines to safety and evidence-based practice; and calls greater attention to nursing actions associated with collaborative care.
Table of Contents
1. What is Critical Care?
2. Care of Critical Ill Patients
3. Care of the Patient with Respiratory Failure
4. Interpretation and Management of Basic Dysrhythmias
5. Cardiodynamics and Hemodynamic Regulation
6. Care of the Patient with Acute Coronary Syndrome
7. Care of the Patient Experiencing Heart Failure
8. Care of the Patient Experiencing Shock
9. Care of the Patient Following a Traumatic Injury
10. Care of the Patient with An Intracranial Dysfunction
11. Care of the Patient with a Cerebral Or Cerbrovascular Disorder
12. Care of the Patient Experiencing Alcohol withdrawal and/Or Liver Failure
13. Care of the Patient with An Acute Gastrointestinal Bleed of Pancreatitis
14. Care of the Patient with Problems in Glucose Metabolism
15. Care of the Patient with Acute Kidney Injury
16. Care of the Organ Donor and Transplant Recipient
17. Care of the Acutely Ill Burn Patient
18. Care of the Patient with Sepsis
19. Care of the ICU Patient at the End of Life
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-295951-3