Table of Contents
1. Composition and Structure of the Atmosphere
2. Solar Radiation and the Seasons
3. Energy Balance and Temperature
4. Atmospheric Pressure and Wind
II. WATER IN THE ATMOSPHERE
5. Atmospheric Moisture
6. Cloud Development and Forms
7. Precipitation Processes
III. DISTRIBUTION AND MOVEMENT OF AIR
8. Atmospheric Circulation and Pressure Distributions
9. Air Masses and Fronts
10. Mid-Latitude Cyclones
11. Lightning, Thunder, and Tornadoes
12. Tropical Storms and Hurricanes
V. HUMAN ACTIVITIES AND SPECIAL TOPICS
13. Weather Forecasting and Analysis
14. Human Effects: Air Pollution and Heat Islands
VI. CURRENT, PAST AND FUTURE CLIMATES
15. Earth's Climates
16. Climate Changes: Past and Future
VII. SPECIAL TOPICS AND APPENDICES
17. Atmospheric Optics
Appendix A: Unit of Measurement and Conversions
Appendix B: The Standard Atmosphere
Appendix C: Weather Map Symbols
Appendix D: Weather Extremes
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Understanding Weather and Climate, 7th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88752-8
$37.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83223-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77321-0