For courses in introductory software engineering, Java programming, Java software engineering, and software development methodology with Java, offered in departments of computer science, computer and information sciences, software engineering, information systems, and information technology.
Today’s programmers need more than just programming prowess – they need to understand object-oriented design, software quality assurance, and software project management. This unique text teaches the fundamentals of Java programming in the context of object-oriented software engineering and a Unified-Process-based software development methodology. Written with the understanding that the introduction to software engineering and Java can be daunting, this text uses illustrative examples and real-life applications to make learning easier.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Java in the Context of Software Engineering
2. Experimenting With Classes and Objects
3. The Structure and Syntax of Java
4. Design and Development of Java Applications
5. Architecture-Driven Component Development
6. Introduction to Distributed Computing Concepts
7. Interfacing with Users
8. Implementing Java Programs
9. Software Quality Assurance
10. Information Management in Java
11. Reality Check: Java Programs in the Real World
12. Software Integration and Deployment
13. Java on Various Computer Platforms
14. Advanced Topics in Java Software Engineering
15. The Unified Modeling Language: A Primer
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Unified Software Engineering with Java, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-239097-2