Using Econometrics: A Practical Guide provides readers with a practical introduction that combines single-equation linear regression analysis with real-world examples and exercises. This text also avoids complex matrix algebra and calculus, making it an ideal text for beginners.
New problem sets and added support make Using Econometrics modern and easier to use.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Ordinary Least Squares
Chapter 3: Learning to Use Regression Analysis
Chapter 4: The Classical Model
Chapter 5: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 6: Specification: Choosing the Independent Variables
Chapter 7: Specification: Choosing a Functional Form
Chapter 8: Multicollinearity
Chapter 9: Serial Correlation
Chapter 10: Heteroskedasticity
Chapter 11: Running Your Own Regression Project
Chapter 12: Time-Series Models
Chapter 13: Dummy Dependent Variable Techniques
Chapter 14: Simultaneous Equations
Chapter 15: Forecasting
Chapter 16: Experimental and Panel Data
Chapter 17: Statistical Principles
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Using Econometrics: A Practical Guide, 6th Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134488004
Includes this title packaged with:
- Small Stata (6-month license)
. StataCorp LP
$321.13 | Add to Cart
This item has been upgraded to Using Econometrics: A Practical Guide, 7th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$114.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379476-2